Mason County ARES/RACES and the MC-DEM Communications Unit (CommU) have designated four (4) service areas and their assigned SIMPLEX frequencies for ANY RADIO OPERATOR to use in the event of an emergency and repeaters do not work properly.
The SIMPLEX EMERGENCY NETWORK COUNTY WIDE is:
1. WEST OF SHELTON: The area WEST of U.S. Highway 101 and SOUTH of
the Skokomish River. The assigned frequencies are:
2. EAST OF SHELTON: The area EAST of U.S. Highway 101 and SOUTH of
Anthony Road. The assigned simplex frequencies are:
3. BELFAIR: The area EAST AND NORTH of Anthony Road to the Kitsap and
Pierce County lines. The assigned simplex frequencies are:
4. HOODSPORT: The area NORTH of the Skokomish River to the Jefferson
County line and the EAST shore of Hood Canal. The assigned simplex frequencies are:
If you are unable to make contact on your areas assigned simplex frequencies, contact the MC-ARES/RACES NET CONTROL STATION on 146.720 SIMPLEX for instructions. The MC-ARES/RACES members will be monitoring the N7SK Repeater OUTPUT frequency at all times. Identify yourself as being on SIMPLEX mode! If these attempts are not successful, attempt contact on any listed frequency on either page.
If your attempts to make contact have been unsuccessful and you need immediate assistance to report an emergency, as a last resort, use 14.300.00 USB. This is the international amateur band radio frequency for requesting emergency help.
STAY CALM – THINK BEFORE YOU TALK
- Page updated 6/18/2018 by KJ7T.