|Description||The National Weather Service in Seattle has Issued a Fire Weather watch for Wind and Low Relative Humidity, Which is in effect From Friday Morning Through Saturday Evening.
* Affected Area, Fire Weather Zone 649 North and Central Coastal Strip, Fire Weather Zone 650 North Coastal Lowlands, Fire Weather Zone 651 Central Coastal Lowlands, Fire Weather Zone 654 Central and South Puget Sound Lowlands, Fire Weather Zone 655 Black Hills and Southwest Interior Lowlands, Fire Weather Zone 656 Northeast Puget Sound Lowlands Generally Below 1500 Feet and Fire Weather Zone 657 Southeast Puget
* winds, East or Northeast 10 to 15 MPH with Gusts Up to 25 MPH.
* Relative Humidity, As Low As 20 Percent.
* Temperatures, in the 80s to around 90.
* Timing, Friday Morning Through Saturday Evening.
* Impacts a Combination of Moderate Breezes, Low Relative Humidity, and Warm Temperatures Can Contribute to Rapid Rates Of Spread and Down – Wind Spotting on Existing Fires. if a Fire Were to Begin, Air Quality May Diminish in the Surrounding Area. A Fire Weather watch Means That There is a Potential for Critical Fire Weather Conditions to Develop. Monitor the Forecasts For Possible Red Flag Warnings.
|Area Description||North and Central Coastal Strip; North Coastal Lowlands; Central Coastal Lowlands; Central and South Puget Sound Lowlands; Black Hills and Southwest Interior Lowlands; Northeast Puget Sound Lowlands Generally Below 1500 Feet; Southeast Puget Sound Lowlands Generally Below 1500 Feet|
|9/10/22 11:00 PM US/Pacific|
New location! Beginning in January 2019, the Mason County Amateur Radio Club meets at the Mason County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) at 100 W Public Works Drive, Shelton, WA 98584. SEE THE MAP BELOW!
We still have our Chat Nets every Sunday & Wednesday evenings @ 1930 (7:30 PM) on 146.72 (- 103.5) and our 10-meter net on Tuesdays @ 1930 (still 7:30 PM) on 28.450 (USB).
NMARESC (The North Club) has a net on their new repeater every Monday at 1930 on 145.170 MHz with a negative .600 MHz offset (144.57 MHz) and a tone of 103.5.
You do not have to be a member of the club to join in! New folks are always welcome!
Take The Test!
VE exams for all license levels are offered the second Saturday of each month (usually right after our meeting) at 1100 (11 A.M.) at the Mason County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) at 100 W Public Works Drive, Shelton, WA 98584. For testing you will need the original and a copy of your present license (if you have your ticket already), some form of ID with YOUR picture on it, and $15.
Join 87 other followers