RAW Weather Service Message:
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…A portion of northwest Washington, including the following area, Mason.
* WHEN…From Thursday evening through late Saturday night.
* IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS… – Heavy rain will begin on Thursday with flooding possible Thursday night. The Skokomish River will recede on Friday then rise again on Saturday. – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
Y’all have a great Thanksgiving and Be Safe!
Hydrologic Outlook WAC045-021800- Hydrologic Outlook National Weather Service Seattle WA 1221 PM PDT Mon Nov 1 2021 ...THREAT OF RIVER FLOODING WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY FOR MASON COUNTY... A vigorous frontal system will bring heavy rain and high snow levels to the south slopes of the Olympic mountains Wednesday night and Thursday. This combination could be enough to push the Skokomish River in Mason County above flood stage later Thursday. Please monitor the latest river forecasts from the National Weather Service for additional information. $$ 16
Dave Brooks will be teaching a Technician Class beginning Tuesday, September 28th and continue through the end of November.
The class times are 7 to 9 pm at the Department of Emergency Management Office, 100 W Public Works Drive, Shelton, WA. 98584.
The book that is required for the class is the Ham Radio License Manual, 4th edition, published by ARRL (approximately$30.00). Each student will need to purchase their own book.
There is also a $10.00 fee for additional training material needed for the class.
Contact Dave Brooks (email@example.com or 253.363.1692) for more information.
The next amateur radio license testing session (also called a volunteer examiner session, or VE session) will be held on October 9th at 11:00 am at the PUD #3 building.
Find more information about VE sessions at https://mc-arc.org/education/monthly-testing/.
Please note that all VE sessions are held on the same Saturday as the club meetings.
The Club will meet at the Public Works Building on Saturday, October 9th. COVID-19 restrictions are in effect.
- Those who have been vaccinated do not have to wear a mask
- Those who are not vaccinated have to wear a mask.
- Social distancing is in effect, please maintain a 6-foot spacing.
October 9th – Saturday 9:00 am at DEM (public works building)
And one word to the wise: our first major fall storm is approaching. Now is a great time to check your outdoor antenna connections to make sure they are sealed against water ingress!
More on the weather forecast at: https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-first-heavy-rain-event-of-season.html